In early April of 2021, Dr. Elias performed the procedure. I was under light sedation, so it was painless. The procedure took a couple of hours, and the recovery time was quick. I was able to urinate normally three weeks after having the procedure. It was such a relief, especially since I had a catheter for seven months.
I thank God through Jesus that he sent me competent, caring, and cutting-edge doctors!"
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) — also called prostate gland enlargement — is a common condition as men get older. PAE offers an outpatient option for BPH that is less invasive and less painful. Symptoms of BPH include:
- Difficulty starting or maintaining urination
- Urinating more than 6-8x per day
- Waking at night to urinate
- Sensation of your bladder not emptying
- Having sudden strong urges to urinate